Advanced Map & Compass Navigation Course Information
The aim of the Advanced Map & Compass Navigation Course is to provide participants with the opportunity to develop their navigation skills to enable them to travel effectively in challenging terrain in all weather conditions and at all times of day and night.
At the end of the course you will be able to;
- Apply a number of advanced navigation techniques to improve accuracy in challenging terrain
- Navigate confidently with restricted vision
- Apply search techniques to confirm location
- Maintain group safety and apply emergency procedures if necessary
Knowledge & Skills Prior to Course
In order to successfully participate in this course you need to know and be able to;
- Navigate with a map and compass to at least the level of our Introduction to Map and Compass Course
Training Strategies and Approach to Learning
The training is delivered in a number of ways including;
- Online pre-course reading
- Classroom based presentation and small group/individual practice
- In field practice including scenario simulation
Risk and Fitness Statement
Most of the course will be undertaken on undulating terrain where you will be out in the prevailing weather during both the day and night.
There is a risk of lower limb or other musculoskeletal injury through a slip, trip or fall.
You should be able to walk for extended periods of time, carrying a small pack and free from injury.
If you have any medical conditions, either temporary or permanent, that may impact upon your safe participation, please let the course facilitator know, so that we can take reasonable care of you in the event that something happens. If we don’t know or you don’t tell us, we can’t care for you as well as we would like.
Prior to undertaking the course, all participants are
required to sign a liability waiver from.
If you have any questions please contact us.
How to Book
Send us an email at email@example.com with your preferred date/s.
The full course fee is payable at the time of booking and refunded in accordance with our cancellation policy should you be unable to attend.
If you have any questions, please contact us